We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Question and Answer About Cell Core
What are the main features of the cell nucleus?
The main characteristics of the cell nucleus are:
- It is bounded by the nuclear envelope.
- Has spherical or ovoid shape. However, the cell nucleus usually follows the shape of the cell.
- It is located in the central region of the cell.
- Cell nucleus size varies with DNA content and metabolism.
- Has communication with the cytoplasm through the nuclear pores.
- The cell nucleus has the ability to regulate the chemical reactions of the cell.
- Saves genetic information. It contains most of the cell's genetic information accumulated in DNA.
- The interphase nucleus, also known as interphase, is the period when the cell is not in division.
- Cell nucleus controls cell metabolism.
Elaine Barbosa de Souza
Undergraduate student in Biological Sciences at Methodist University of São Paulo.
- The question was sent to the Toda Biologia website by: Felipe M. Souza on 12/05/2019.